Services of Turkish Society of Rochester
• Regular classes in the Turkish language, history, & culture since 1979.
• Seminars and workshops in cross cultural development.
• Work actively with the Red Cross and the United Way.
• Part of the United Nations of Rochester.
• Computer workshops.
• Job training and networking through members.
• BOCES classes in English and citizenship.
• Classes to get a learner permit for new drivers.
Provide complete religious services for the Turkish Community, including but not limited to:
• Day to day basic prayer services,
• Religious funeral services,
• Birth (similar to baptizing),
• Special religious holiday observances and activities
(i.e. Ramadan dinners for the entire community including interfaith dinners)
• Cross religious workshops and seminars (member of various Interfaith Alliances),
• Marriage counseling.
• Sunday school.
• Temporary assistance for displaced women and children.
• Job seeking assistance.
• Planning and implementing of sporting, theatrical, and musical events for the community.
• Annual Turkish Festival.
• Attending International festivals and events.
• Seminars for the senior community on various issues that would impact them
(i.e. issues related to retirement)